Thanks to all who attended my sessions at Craftcation 2014. Here are notes and resources for my two DIY panels.
Put Up a Peck of Peppers:
Food gifts and creative packaging:
Thanks to our sponsor Sizzix. Here are some highlights.
Things to consider:
- Jars are reusable. Avoid applying permanent stickers that will become ugly after washing.
- Consider function as well as form. Embellish with extras that enhance the usability of the gift, like spoons for jam or straws for liqueur.
- Print your own labels (see resources below), or use a tool like Sizzix to cut custom forms for lids and tags.
- Give those rims a hit of color with spray paint, washi tape, nail polish, etc.
- Play with color and texture. Use scrap materials you have around the house.
- Consider including relevant instructions or information on your packaging, like use-by dates, storage tips, etc.
- For mason jars, do not seal with anything permanent, like wax.
- See Well Preserved's Pimp My Preserves pin board for further inspiration, like the ones below:
Playing around with Sizzix and washi tape:
Resources for printed labels: